Hello everybody. How’s your weekend so far???
Hope you’re enjoying the great weather♡.
We’re invited to lunch today at my brother’s fiancee family house…off cooking also!!! . Actually we had great time and had delicious whole roasted lamp with rice followed by knafeh.
This morning I cut some fresh green za’tar leaves from my garden, so aromatic and tempting to do something with them.
I always bake these sticks whenever I have fresh za’tar, very good in the morning as quick breakfast with cheese or labaneh.
Ingredients and method:
* fresh za’tar or thyme.
* 2 big spoons of each eating za’tar (the one usually bought ready from stores ), dried oregano, sesame seeds, black seeds (قزحه ).
*1 spoon instant yeast.
* 1 spoon salt.
* 1 tsp sugar.
* 3/4 cup olive oil.
* 3 cups whole wheat flour.
* 3 cups white flour.
* enough lukewarm water to knead (1-2 cups)
* take one cup from the flour,add yeast, sugar and 1 cup water ( not hot nor cold) mix well and leave till bubbles are formed.
* add all remaining ingredients. Knead well with water enough to form an elastic non sticky dough.
* cover it with a bit if oil and leave for 1/2 hour to rise.
* spread it to a thin layer in a big oven tray.
* cut to long rectangles or any shape you like.
* bake in a well heated oven till golden from bottom then roast the upper part.
* store in a well closed jar or tin.