Came in the kitchen before going to bed last night to search pantry and fridge for lunch ideas. Found a small bag of white beans,, after approval from hubby and kids, soaked them in water and small spoon sodium bicarbonate. Took out a bag of meat cubes from the freezer to be defrosted in the morning.then off to bed.
This meal is usually cooked in winter so I guess I won’t buy another bag till next year.
* 1 cup of white beans soaked in water and bicarbonate overnight.
* cubed veal or lamb meat.
* fresh tomato juice.
* 1 pack tomato paste.
* 1 chopped onion.
* 2-3 cloves garlic.
* 1 small spoon cumin powder.
* salt, pepper.
* in the pressure cooker or regular pan, heat a bit of oil then add meat cubes. Stir till brownish then add onions and crushed garlic.
* wash the beans then add them.
* add spices and salt.
* add tomato juice and paste till it covers all.
* cook for 30-40 minutes if in pressure cooker or 1-1 1/2 if in regular pan.
* be careful not to overcook beans or else they’ll be clotted or mashed.
I also made a delicious eggplant salad that I learned hiw to do it from a restaurant.
* 1 big eggplant cubed.
* small lettuce.
* 1 bunch rocca leaves.
* 2 cucumbers.
* 1 solid tomato.
* green onion.
* mixed colored peppers.
* lemon juice, tahini, yoghurt .
* sesame seeds, black seeds and some summaq for decoration.
* deep fry eggplants till golden and leave on paper towel.
* make tahini sauce by mixing 1 small spoon lemon juice, 1 big spoon tahini, salt and 2-3 spoons yoghurt.
* chop lettuce, rocca, cucumber, peppers, tomato and onion.
* before serving add eggplants then top with sauce and sprinkle sesame, black seeds and summaq on top.
* mix it right before eating.
* you can add croutons or fried bread cubes if you like.