Was invited to a small gathering last night at my friend’s house and it happened that her birthday plus another friend of mine was a few days ago.
As always I did a cake for the occasion, didn’t know what to do at first,wanted something simple and nice then I came out with this one, cake was basic Nescafe cake,frosting was vanilla whipping cream then I decorated it with caramel and roasted nuts.
Final look was awesome and taste was light and yummy.
Ingredients and method:
* 5 eggs.
* 1 big spoon Nescafe dissolved in 1/2 cup of water.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar.
* 1 cup vegetable oil.
* 4 tsp baking powder.
* 2 cups flour.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar and 3/4 cup almonds for the croquant.
* whipping cream.
* extra Nescafe in water for the cake when done.
* beat eggs with sugar till creamy then add vanilla,oil,Nescafe,baking powder and flour alternatively.
* bake in a medium heated oven in two small baking tins for 30-35 minutes or till dry from inside.
* when cooled, place one layer in serving plate then add some Nescafe on it.
* cover with cream and croquant then add other layer and repeat.
* decorate cake with anything you have .
* heat sugar and almonds till it caramelize.
* pour in a well greased pan till cold and stiff.
* crush or use food processor to make fine crumbles. ( it actually resembles glass )
* leave in fridge to settle before serving.