Lovely Friday, we’re all invited to to my sister in-law’s for a big brunch rather than a breakfast. Her husband made his famous omelet with veggies plus of course many dishes like sunny side ups, hummus, fatteh, falafel, labaneh, cheese….etc.
I kept them waiting till I come to take photos of omelet making steps.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 small finely crushed clove of garlic.
* finely chopped hot pepper, sweet pepper, tomatoes, small onion, green onions.
* salt and pepper.
* heat some oil ,vegetable or olive, add onions till tender.
* scramble eggs add garlic salt ,pepper. Mix well.
* add other veggies
* when onions are almost done add egg mixture then stir till all egg is dry but be careful if it over dries it won’t taste good at all.
* you can add double cream or cheese if you like also (optional).
This is an Iraqi samawer for tea.
Breakfast was followed by lazy cake and coffee. ..yummy yummy.
Enjoy you’re weekend and keep warm.
It’s been a while since I backed a cake..2-3 weeks, I searched in my cook book for something light and a bit different than I usually make.
Found this recipe, think I copied it from a magazine long time ago. Goes along great with a cup of tea or coffee.
* 2 eggs.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1 cup sugar.
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1/2 cup milk.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* a bit of lemon zest.
* 1 1/2 cup flour.
* 1/2 cup brown sugar.
*1 tablespoon butter.
* 1 tablespoon flour.
* 1 tsp cinnamon.
* 1/2 cup crushed walnuts ( optional).
* mix filling ingredients together very well.
* mix cake ingredients alternatively in order.
* grease or place wax paper in a cake pan, round or rectangular as you like.
* pour half of cake batter then sprinkle filling to cover then add remaining batter.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-35 minutes or till toothpick inserted is dry.
* cool completely then remove from pan.
* serve with tea or coffee.