Hope you all had a nice weekend 😀
Hope you all had a nice weekend 😀
Have a gathering this evening for my sister in-law’s family so I prepared several things one of them is teramisu since I have some mascarpon cheese fresh from Italy that I’d rather use before it’s spoiled.
Cause I don’t prefer using raw eggs though the original recipe requires it, I substituted it with a pack of cream caramel powder, gave it the same color and texture and result was super.
You can find many recipes for it,here’s one option that is very tasty
* 2 packs whipping cream.
*2 packs kiri or cream cheese.
* 1 can condensed milk (or cream and 1/4 cup sugar)
* lady fingers biscuits.
* Nescafe ( 1 big spoon dissolved in 3/4 cup warm water)
* mix cream,condensed milk and cheese together very well.
* arrange biscuits in a deep serving dish then soak them in coffee mixture. * add half of cream mixture then repeat process. * refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
* sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
Or the one I made today:
* 200 gm Mascarpon cheese.
* 6 pieces Kiri.
* 1 sachet whipping cream ( Dream Whip).
* 1 pack of cream caramel powder.
* 1 1/2 pack lady fingers biscuits.
* strong espresso or Nescafe.
* beat cheeses and cream very well till smooth then layer biscuits topped with coffee then cream in a pyrex or any mold you like.
* cool in fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
I also did Muhalabieh with caramel and sliced some fruits.
Invited to a gathering at my cousin’s house in my hometown Huwwara-Irbid,each one bringing something so I made this old recipe I had.
Gathering was full of many different dishes all very yummy as expected.
Lunch today was at Mom’s honored by the presence of our newly born grandson who was polite enough to let his mom eat peacefully, good boy.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Busy Saturday as usual,many errands and work at home plus cooking and baking a cake, but all was done by time to go to the gathering at my uncle’s house.
I promised my auntie to bring something sweet and after searching a lot for something new and different ended up taking this recipe from my dear friend Ola,turned out really yummy everybody loved it.
Lunch was chicken curry and chicken giblets ( قوانص).
Ingredients and method:
* 3 eggs.
* 1 cup sugar.
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
* 8 small spoons cocoa.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* 1/2 tsp bicarbonate.
* 1 big spoon peppermint essence.
* 1 1/2 cup flour.
* 1 cup boiled water.
* 1 pack After Eight.
* 1 pack cream.
* Beat sugar and oil well till creamy then add eggs,vanilla,mint,cocoa, baking powder, soda and flour.
* In a small baking greased baking pan pour batter and directly add a cup of boiled water on top.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 35-45 minutes or till surface and center are dry.
* On a water bath melt 10-15 After Eight pieces and whisk till they melt then add the cream and mix well.
* when cake is cooled cover with minty ganache and decorate as you like.
As I mentioned yesterday we have a big gathering today,actually our lovely guests just left. Both company and food were awesome,we really had a good time.
Sweets were Red Velvet Cake, rice pudding and fruits.
Here are ingredients and method of the cake:
* 2 large eggs.
* 1 1/4 cups sugar.
* 1/2 cup oil.
*1/2 cup butter.
* 2/3 cup yogurt.
* 1/3 cup milk.
* 1 tablespoon cocoa powder.
* 1 tablespoon vinegar.
* 1 teaspoon baking soda.
* 1 teaspoon baking powder.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 teaspoons red food coloring.
* 2 1/2 cups flour.
* 2 packs cream cheese.
* 1/2 cup whipping fresh cream.
* 2 cups powdered sugar .
*1 pack cream cheese.
* 2 packs dream whip.
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
* some red colored food glitter for decoration.
* beat eggs,vanilla,sugar till frothy and creamy.
* add rest of ingredients consequently.
* bake cake in two round baking pans (same size)
* Beat frosting ingredients well together and leave to cool in fridge.
* when cake is done and cooled assemble the two layers with frosting in between and all over.
* leave in fridge to settle for couple of hours.
* decorate top with sprinkles in any shape you like.
Went out shopping today,changed the hectic tiresome week for sure, it’s true that shopping is the best therapy, I’m positive husbands don’t agree with me
At lunch time kids were out and we weren’t in the mood to eat something heavy,so I took out some Irbid loaf (قراص عيد) given to me by my beloved aunt,heated it to eat with fresh labaneh,new makdous though it needs more time to ripen, some olive pate and tabouleh from yesterday, best lunch EVER,this is my favorite kind of meal anytime of the day !
Black olives pate is very delicious and easy to make,I removed seeds of old olives from last year,added some chili,basil and garlic powder then processed them all together. keep it in a glass jar covered with olive oil, very nice spread for sandwiches or as dip with chips,better than buying it ready made right?
Note: you can keep it in freezer to be more fresh whenever you want it.
no exact recipe for this,all depends on personal experience and a good old fashioned stove.
Told you yesterday this week is crazy,nonstop events. Hope I can have a calm weekend after all , till now no plans hope it’ll stay like this !
Today my beloved childhood cousins came to visit me,that’s why I’m late writing my daily post, we had such great time as always. I did these mini banoffee tarts,same recipe but I used a small mold for the crust and added caramel and bananas on top and chocolate syrup to decorate.I also made spinach tabouleh and za’tar buns filled with cheese and one big topped with labaneh,plus some Maltesers coconut balls from yesterday.
Lunch today was rice with veggies and meat,really yummy!!
As I mentioned yesterday we have a gathering this morning for a very special group of ladies that I really love so much, my mother in-law’s school mates,really sweet lovable group <3
Last night I made the apple pie and za’tar pastries,this morning I arranged a cheese platter with some fresh figs and grapes,decorated some pastries with labaneh,tomatoes and olives and made spinach tabouleh and my sister in-law made yalanji and got some Halouva .
Turned out a really elegant table,everybody enjoyed the food and company
Last night was a blast,we have cousins visiting from abroad and as usual a BBQ in the garden is a tradition whenever they come.
I wasn’t responsible for grilling or handling the meat,but did the salads,appetizers and sweets. All delicious and either wiped out or gone take away !
I made white cheese with tomatoes and pesto,tabouleh,pasta salad,eggplant dip,chili tomatoes,hummus and yoghurt. dessert was creme caramel and peanut butter brownies.
a lemon with cloves inserted in it,very effective!