Was privileged by a visit from my dear uncles this morning,e had coffee and Coconut Jam cake, a favorite of my best uncle Ziad, I was really happy he ate from it cause I know how much he loves coconut.
Started cooking lunch after they left which was upon kids request ” Shakshouka” and some baked beets. Did them a different way than usual, wrapped in foil then baked till tender , yummy and easy.
My son invited some of his friends over so I baked some mixed dried fruits cookies and prepared a chocolate chip giant skillet cookie to bake when they arrive. I actually prepared a basic batter then divided it to two portions one with fruits and one with chocolate.
Basic cookie dough is:
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
*1/2 tsp bicarbonate.
* 1 tsp baking powder.
* 1/2 cup oats ( optional)
* 1 1/2 cups flour.
* pinch of salt.
* beat butter and sugar till creamy then add egg and rest of ingredients then you can add any kind of nuts,dried fruits,dark or white chocolate or marshmallows.
* spoon a walnut size amount of dough and place in a big oven pan.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 10-13 min max.
* I decorated today’s cookies with some melted chocolate.