Went this morning to a short fruitful meeting at Foollve offices, always a pleasure to see them.
I parked opposite Ocean fish store so I passed by and got fresh medium sized shrimps, I made them with Italian tomatoes and thought to try to make a kind of risotto for a change, I also made mozzarella sticks dipped in eggs and Knorr coating mix, turned out a big success cause they usually melt when I fry them
Ingredients and method:
* 1 kg medium or jumbo shrimps.
* 2-3 garlic cloves.
* chopped sweet peppers.
* 1 can chopped Italian tomatoes or fresh ones.
* bunch of coriander.
* salt,pepper,and some chili powder.
* saute garlic and peppers in some olive oil.
* add shrimps and stir till color changes then add salt,pepper and chili.
* add tomato can and a bit of water then leave to simmer on low heat till sauce is thick.
* add chopped coriander and cook for another 5 minutes.
* Lemony Risotto:
* 2 cups Italian or any rice ( I used Sun white)
* 3 cups chicken broth.
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
* 2 tablespoons lemon zest.
* one small chopped onion.
* 1 tablespoon butter.
* some Parmesan cheese if desired.
* saute onion in butter then add washed rice.
* add lemon juice and zest to chicken broth and boil.
* start adding boiled broth to rice in small quantities,keep mixing on low heat then when water is dry add another amount, keep doing that till rice is done,but you have to be careful not to let it dry, this will take approximately 35 minutes.
* add zest or Parmesan on top of rice when served.
Absolutely delicious meal