As promised I’m trying to select recipes for Christmas time,you can imagine how much websites and blogs are loaded with thousands of recipes. Well I’ll do my best to find easy quick ones cause I’m sure holiday season is full of events and invitations and little time to do sophisticated dishes.
Today I made these small and big hearts and trees , original recipe was for small hearts thought to try Christmas trees turned out fine, but all small shapes are a bit hard to handle so I made two big ones also.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 egg.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1/2 cup icing sugar.
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 2 cups flour.
* pinch of salt.
* 2 tablespoons cold water.
* 1 pack cream cheese or 6 pieces Kiri.
* 2 spoons cream.
* 2 spoons icing sugar.
* finely chopped strawberries.
* Mix all dough ingredients and knead well to a ball then leave to rest for 30 minutes.
* mix cream cheese, cream and sugar well.
* form dough to any shape you like or size, fill with cream then strawberries then add some strawberries and cover with another piece of dough.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes till golden.
* decorate with icing sugar or red sprinkles.
Tastes really good,a bit like pop tarts so I’m sure kids will love them.
Lunch today was fava beans with rice,yummy yummy.