Woke up with a terrible flu,headache and fever that shouts out for hot drinks and soup.
I boiled some chicken with whole onion, carrot and seasoning ( cinnamon stick, pepper kernels, cardamom and bay leaf) with the intention to make chicken vegetable soup but then I switched to corn and cream cause kids prefer it I’m sure.
Ingredients and method:
*one small onion finely chopped.
* 1 cup corn.
* some cooked chopped chicken pieces.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 3 tablespoons flour.
* 4 cups chicken broth.
* 1 cup fresh cream.
* salt,pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
* heat butter then saute onions.
* add flour and whisk well.
* add broth and keep whisking or you can use hand blender if you got clots.
* add corn and chicken.
* season and leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with sticks or garlic bread.
Today’s order was a special request for my beloved niece, Sable cookies and simple cake and I made another one with Sativa sugar for us.
Got a cute bag of Sativa raw sugar from my husband’s cousin last week so I thought I’d do a nice healthy dessert with it.
After some research I tried this mix, the lightest I could make though a small pack of cream was a must to give some richness and a bit of strawberry sauce on top to add some sweetness.
Ingredients and method :
* for the crust :
* 1/2 cup finely crushed almonds.
* 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or hazelnuts.
* 1 tablespoon honey.
* 1 tablespoon low fat butter.
* Mix all ingredients till crumbly then press into a cheesecake pan or small pots.
* 1/2 pack of light cream cheese.
* half cup yogurt.
* half cup Sativa raw sugar.
* two tablespoons labaneh.
* one pack cream.
* one tablespoon lemon juice.
* Beat all ingredients together till soft and creamy then add on top of crust.
* Refrigerate overnight then top with strawberry syrup or fresh berries.
cute and delicious.