Woke up with a terrible flu,headache and fever that shouts out for hot drinks and soup.
I boiled some chicken with whole onion, carrot and seasoning ( cinnamon stick, pepper kernels, cardamom and bay leaf) with the intention to make chicken vegetable soup but then I switched to corn and cream cause kids prefer it I’m sure.
Ingredients and method:
*one small onion finely chopped.
* 1 cup corn.
* some cooked chopped chicken pieces.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 3 tablespoons flour.
* 4 cups chicken broth.
* 1 cup fresh cream.
* salt,pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
* heat butter then saute onions.
* add flour and whisk well.
* add broth and keep whisking or you can use hand blender if you got clots.
* add corn and chicken.
* season and leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with sticks or garlic bread.