Sorry for the delay but I was tied up and busy.
Since it’s still so cold till now and you feel yourself needing something really sweet to warm up I decided to do this kind of wintry dessert.
Remembered this dish last night ,ate it many years ago at a gathering done by a relative, called her today to recall details and ingredients and she was really sweet to give me the exact small ones.It’s called Burma or simply Walnut Rolls.
Lunch was stuffed cabbage,a favorite on our table all times.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 pack phyllo pastry leaves ( رقائق الهنا)
* 2 cups finely crushed walnuts.
* 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
* 1 tsp cardamon.
* 1 tablespoon rose water.(ماء ورد)
* 1 tablespoon blossom water ( ماء زهر)
* 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
*some vegetable oil in bottom of a Pyrex.
*thin long piece of metal ( I cut a part of metallic clothes hanger)
* 1 1/2 cup sugar syrup ( قطر)
* cut the phyllo sheets to in half.
* mix walnuts with cinnamon,cardamon,rose and blossom water.
* spread one sheet then place the wire in half and add one spoonful of walnut mix.
* cover with other side of sheet and roll with wire inside.
* close up the side of roll till it form wrinkles.
* remove wire slowly then place in the oiled Pyrex and so on till all sheets are used.
* bake in a very hot oven till crispy from bottom and surface.
* while still very hot pour cold syrup on top.
Wait till it cools and serve, absolutely delicious specially with a cup of Turkish coffee.
the metal rod here wasn’t good I used the hanger later on much better.
Here’s a video showing how to roll them.