Roasting over a bed of salt experience is still going on,today I tried it with whole small chicken and potatoes plus garlic of course.
Excellent delicious result,crispy from outside juicy from inside وnot dry and very well roasted. Guess next time I’ll do fish or veal.
Ingredients and method :
* 2 cups salt.
* 2 small whole chicken.
* head of garlic.
* salt, pepper, all spice, chili flakes and lemon slices.
* clean and dry chicken well then season inside out.
*insert lemon slices inside and tuck thighs well with a toothpick or rubber band.
* in a deep oven pan pour salt and spread it evenly.
* put the chicken, potatoes and garlic on top.
* add rosemary or oregano if you like.
* cover well then put in a moderately heated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
* uncover and drizzle a bit of olive oil on chicken,roast till golden.
* press out tender garlic and mix with some butter and yogurt to make a sauce or dip.
Saw this recipe on my Facebook friend Mary’s timeline thought I’ll try it today,got a tiny cauliflower to do the test,well it turned out really good, light appetizer with a spicy sour taste,though as usual reality is never like the photo posted,Photoshop is so mean sometimes!
You simply marinate a whole cauliflower is yogurt,olive oi,lemon zest and juice ( forgot them in the photo) ,salt,pepper,chili powder and cumin. Then you place it in a deep pan and bake it in a well heated oven till brown and crisp from the outside,serve with green salad or as appetizer.