Today’s order was for a friend of mine, date rolls and rock cookies but with a twist this time .
I have some white baking chocolate so a crushed them into big chunks and added them to the classic rock cookies batter, increased cranberries also cause both ingredients works well together I presume.
Result was super yummy .
ingredients and method of rock cookies:
* 2 eggs.
* 1 cup sugar or 3/4 brown sugar.
* 3 big spoons butter.
* 1 cup mixed nuts ( walnuts,almonds,pistachios,hazelnuts)
* 1/2 cup raisins ( you can add dried cranberries also)
* 1 tsp cinnamon,pinch of cloves,cardamom and nutmeg.
* vanilla,1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.
* 2 cups flour.
* mix eggs,sugar and butter till creamy.
* toast nuts in the oven for 10 minutes then crush them.
* add nuts and raisins to flour,baking powder and salt then add egg mixture.
* mix very well with wooden spoon till you have a not too soft nor tough dough.
* make spoonfuls of the dough on a baking pan,size of a small ball.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 10-13 minutes or till edges are golden.
* store in a well sealed jar or tin.