Being locked in this snow storm made many people creative or let me say willing to try stuff that are usually bought ready like hummus and falafel.
Hummus is high in iron and Vitamin C plus folate and Vit B6 and a good source of dietry fibers,it’s very useful in vegetarian diets to compensate protein.
It’s not that difficult to make them from sctratch,I know many folks specially living abroad who always do, but in countries like us,the easiest cheapest meal is always a hummus plate with falafel or hummus fatteh, no need for all the fuss in the kitchen.
My cousin living in Greece made a a delicious hummus last week so I thought to share the recipe with you.
Ingredients and method:
* 2 cups of soaked ( a night before) boiled till done chickpeas.
* 1 big spoonful tahini saice.
* 2 big spoons full cream yogurt.
* 1-2 cloves garlic.
* lemon juice,salt .
* some olive oil.
* Mix all ingredients together in food processor till smooth and creamy.
*add a bit of chickpeas boiling water to make thickness as you desire.
* decorate with chickpeas,chili powder or parsley.
the famous hummus !
To make Humus Fatteh which is a Levant dish done mainly in Syria,Lebanon,Palestine and Jordan.you’ll need:
* pitta bread cubes or if you like use french bread (خبز حمام)
* make the same hummus mix but add more water and yogurt to make a loose sauce.
* before serving soak bread with chickpeas and water.
* add the hummus sauce.
* decorate with toasted almonds,pine nuts,chili powder and parsley ( didn’t have parsley today )
* serve hot for breakfast or appetizer .