I know you’re asking yourself what’s that Banan is talking about?
Well my eldest son told me about this dish,his friend living in Canada told him this a famous traditional Canadian dish,so after doing a quick review on various recipes ,today I did this one. Really really good,we all loved it.
Poutine is basically french fries covered with gravy and cheese,but gravy is very rich and tastes great.
Ingredients and method:
* potatoes, cut and fried any shape you like.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 2 tablespoons flour.
* 1 small finely chopped onions.
* 1 chopped garlic .
* 1 yablespoon ketchup.
* 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce.
* 1/2 tsp vinegar.
* 3 cups chicken or veal stock.
* cheddar cheese or cheese curd.
* saute onions and garlic in some oil.
* add ketchup,vinegar and soy sauce.
* stir well and add stock.
* melt butter and mix with flour till brownish,then add to stock.
* mix well and simmer till thick,add salt,pepper and chili if you like.
* fry potatoes then place in a deep dish,cover with gravy and cheese.
* put in the oven a bit till cheese melts and serve.
Today I made kofta with tomatoes and salad with the poutine, to be done again for sure