I was planning to make eggplant with rice for lunch today ( maqloubeh) but my youngest rejected the idea cause he doesn’t like it,so I switched to homemade kebabs and made this new eggplant recipe that my cousin posted on my fb page.
Turned out really tasty nutritious and light,eggplants are very full of fiber and you can find so many recipes for them,but in general not so many people like them, I have many in my family
Ingredients and method:
* 2 large eggplants half peeled and thickly sliced.
* 1 small finely chopped onions.
* 1 clove garlic.
* 2 large chopped tomatoes.
* feta and kashkaval or mozzarella cheese.
* salt ,pepper,pesto,oregano and olive oil for seasoning.
* Mix all ingredients together except the eggplants.
* brush a pan with some oil then add eggplants with topping.
* cover and leave to cook on low heat,when almost done add cheese on top and leave to melt.
Rest of eggplants I dipped them in some eggs and breadcrumbs then deep fry,really crunchy and yummy.
made some cooked tomatoes with the kebabs also.