Baked this beautiful elegant cake for my friend’s birthday today, It’s becoming a dear tradition each birthday that I really enjoy and of course do it with lots of love.
Well this cake has very little ingredients and very easy to make, but it’s success depends upon baking heat and time.Oven must be on 180 º and may need to lower it after 15-20 minutes to 130º.
Another issue is baking time, recipe says 20-25 minutes, it may need a bit more but you must be careful not to over bake or else it will dry or collapse..turn off the oven when surface is golden and sides crispy. Then leave to cool completely before removing it from pan.
* 3 cups finely crushed pistachios
* 6 eggs.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder.
* Mix eggs, vanilla and sugar till fluffy and creamy.
* Add baking powder and pistachios.
* Grease 2 small baking pans or line with wax paper.
* Devide batter in pans.
* Heat oven at 180º. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool.
For the filling:
* 1 pack kiri or cream cheese.
* 1 pack dream whip.
* 1 pack cream.
* icing sugar if you like your cream extra sweet.
Mix well till fluffy and doubled in size. Leave in fridge overnight.
Assemble the cake and leave in fridge to firm for 2-3 hours. Decorate it as you wish.