I know many people specially youngsters prefer to eat Shawerma from local specialized restaurants. In my case I don’t like buying it at all ( had many bad health incidents whenever I do !!) . It’s not a difficult dish to do at home,you even eat with comfort cause you’re sure of meat quality and hygiene as well.
I started Spring clean up today,so to be quick, called the butcher and ordered fresh lean steaks . picked them noon with some fresh thin bread and started cooking.
Ingredients and method:
* shredded beef marinated in soy sauce,balsamic vinegar,lemon juice,salt,pepper,all spice,cinnamon,cloves and pinch of nutmeg .
* 2 big thinly sliced onions.
* sliced tomatoes,pickles and tahini sauce for adding in sandwich.
* thin bread ( خبز شراك).
* Heat pan till very hot then add meat ,stir till all excess water is gone and meat starts sizzling.
* mix onions with summaq then add over meat.
* lower the heat to minimum and cover till onions are tender. ( you might add a bit of water so as meat won’t dry).
* upon serving fill bread ,roll it and press it in grill till crispy.
* serve with french fries,tomatoes,pickles,tahini,mayonnaise as each one prefers.
Bet you it’s best than any Shawerma sandwich you buy !!!
Enjoy my friends.