What a busy eventful day, nonstop activities since morning which started by a gathering at mom’s for my dear aunties , lovely ladies with so many old stories to tell. I made some spinach pastries and almond pudding,mom made za’tar cookies and orange cake.
As for lunch at home I made this lovely bright beetroot apple dip or salad that my sister told me about since beetroots are in season these days,this can be a very nice healthy dish to make instead of processed ready dips.
Ingredients and method:
* 2 large beetroots boiled or baked.
* 2 apples.
* 2 tablespoons mayonnaise.
* 2 tablespoons labaneh.
* 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts.
* salt and pepper.
* grate beets and apples then squeeze them with your hands to remove all excess water.
* mix mayonnaise,labaneh,walnuts,salt and pepper.
* add beets and apples then mix well.
* put mix in a bowl then leave in fridge a bit .
* turn it upside down and serve with chips or toasted bread.
yummy good looking dip.
I also made a quick pesto pasta with the dip.
Then I went out with my lovely college friends to Yoshi for sushi, though I’m not a fan of it but food was great and atmosphere and service were excellent, company was the best part of the evening as always.
As soon as I arrived back home my aunt and her lovely daughters passed by and brought Falafel sandwiches, unfortunately I was full though I love it, again it’s the company that matters. Love you 3amto <3.