Though I still have some cauliflower from yesterday but nobody accepted the idea to eat from it again,so rather than making something small with it I decided to keep it in the freezer and make something new.
After searching in my Beef cookbook for something different to do I made this recipe, though I have previous failures in cooking veal this way but I liked this one and result was great, veal was tender inside and crispy from outside.
On the other hand I baked potatoes instead of making fries so as to try to minimize the damage, when done I sliced them lengthwise, removed pulp and mixed it with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, herbs and chili powder, filled potato skin again and roasted them.
Ingredients and method of veal:
* lean pieces of veal.
* one small grated onion, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and paprika.
* 1/2 cup flour.
* 3 eggs.
* 2 tablespoons milk.
* 2 cups breadcrumbs.
* 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
* some herbs and paprika if you like.
* rub spices, onion and herbs all over veal.
* mix flour, milk and eggs very well.
* coat veal with egg batter.
* coat with breadcrumbs Parmesan mixture.
* refrigerate for 1-2 hours then deep fry in very hot oil till golden.
Serve with potatoes and salad, made Ceazar today.
veal,egg batter, breadcrumbs.
pickled olives,chili peppers and carrots.
comfort food for sure.