Had a small gathering this morning, didn’t have too much time but managed thank God.
A cheese platter with dried fruits, some veggies and za’tar puffs is always an elegant easy thing to do, so that was the salty part.
As for the sweets I made a dry fruits cake last night and since I’m baking the puffs thought I’d do these old times favorite cookies.
These were a big hit back when we were kids, mom used to make them all the time,along with the pineapple upside down cake and jello with apples, life was very simple and basic back then right?
Ingredients and method :
* 2 eggs.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
*1 cup sugar.
*zest and juice of one big orange.
*3 cups coconut flakes.
* 2 teaspoons baking powder.
* 2 cups flour.
*beat sugar and butter till smooth and creamy.
* add eggs,vanilla, zest and juice.
* add coconut, flour and baking powder.
* dough must be neither soft nor tough so you can easily scoop it with two small spoons.
* line your cookies on a cookie sheet then bake them in a moderately heated oven for 10-13 minutes.
Note: be careful not to over bake them or else they’ll be dry.
*cool and store in a well sealed jar.
These cookies were featured in Family Flavors October issue by the way.