Leftovers aren’t enough today so I had to do something as a backup. Option was chicken Ceazar salad but it turns out I don’t have any chicken left so a plain one was done.
Found a small plate if chicken liver in my freezer,healthy easy option as well though as my hubby said they turned out a bit dry, always in my case when I make them unlike when he cook them don’t know why.
My sweet stuffed pickled peppers are done, so yummy!
Thank God all leftovers and today’s dishes are gone except a bit of salad that I kept for the boys as a night snack.
* 1/2 kg chicken liver.
* 2 sliced onions.
* chili green pepper.
* olive oil,salt,pepper and pomegranate sauce.
* saute onions and peppers in heated oil,then add livers and stir.
* add salt and pepper then leave to simmer on low heat till dine ( 30-40 minutes)
* when done turn off heat and add one big spoon pomegranate sauce and stir all together.
A last goodbye treat for my friend and her lovely kids before heading back home, cooked lentils with pasta,fried onions,garlic and coriander . A traditional Syrian dish حراق اصبعه meaning when translated literally ” burned fingers”
An easy nutritious appetizer that’s originally done with lentils and special dough or small pasta as a quicker substitute then all boiled together with pomegranate sauce,lemons,fried onions,garlic and coriander topped with fried bread pieces.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 cup brown lentils.
* 2-3 cloves garlic
* 3-4 onions.
* bunch of coriander.
* 1/2 cup lemon juice.
* 2 spoons pomegranate sauce ( دبس رمان ).
* 1 cup small size pasta.
* cubed fried pitta bread.
* salt, pepper, cumin powder.
* wash lentils then boil in 4 cups of water , add salt and 1 spoon cumin.
* add the pasta and leave to simmer till done.
* add lemon juice, pomegranate sauce.
* fry the onions in oil till golden.
* crush garlic and chop coriander then saute them in some oil.
* add half the amount of onions and garlic to lentil pasta mixture. Leave to simmer till it thickens and homogeneous. You might need to add some water.
* upon serving,, in a deep dish put some of the bread in the bottom.
*add the lentil mixture.
* decorate with the rest of garlic, onions and bread cubes.
* serve hot.
Quickest solution for lunch since I didn’t intend to cook anyway was freshly picked okra fried then sautéed with garlic, onions and chopped tomatoes then seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika.
I also made a dish of white cheese and watermelons and a small one of labaneh with black olives, all yummy and cool.
Seems today’s the hottest this season though we can finally feel it’s Summer at last, thank God it cools at night.
A great lunch time option in this weather is gazpacho, a traditional Spanish cold vegetable soup, first time I do it, really nice and cooling plus very easy to make I even added spring onions and it did add a nice flavor.
I also did some eggplant dip or mtabbal and some fresh guava grapes bananas lemon smoothie,all very refreshing.
Ingredients and method of gazpacho :
# 3-4 big peeled coarsely chopped tomatoes.
# 1 cucumber.
# 1 clove garlic.
# one small onion (I added a small spring onion also)
# 1 small red sweet pepper.
# 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
# 2 cups tomato juice.
# salt, pepper, chili powder.
# chopped parsley, tomatoes and cucumbers to garnish.
# mix all ingredients in a blender very well.
# chill in fridge for 3-4 hours then garnish with parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers and crushed black pepper upon serving.
I personally loved this dish, hope you try it and give me your opinion.