We had a big brunch this morning for my mother in-law’s old friends.
Lovely group full of old memories, besides things I made I ordered others like haluva, kibbeh and yalanji.
For dessert I kind of created two elegant dishes, made cream cheese yesterday then molded it today to two parts. One with caramel, walnuts and figs. The other with strawberry sauce and almonds.
ingredients and method:
- 2 liters of fresh milk.
- 9 tablespoons white vinegar.
- 1 small pack cream (علبه قشطه صغيره)
- Boil milk well then add the vinegar, curd will immediately start to crumble.
- With a sieved spoon collect curd in a fine sieve so as all water goes out.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- when no more water comes out put a kitchen towel on top and cool it in the fridge for several hours.
- you can serve it with any sauce you like e.g caramel,strawberry,honey …etc.
Everybody loved it, a really nice looking elegant dish. Other desserts were brought by the guests ,a dessert done in a Shishani sweets bakery , delicious as well.