Banancooking أصلي ( original) she said.
Had the pleasure of hosting my lovely niece this morning,a usual ritual every time she visits is baking something sweet,well a tradition we both actually enjoy cause I guess I love to teach her something and she’s a quick eager learner to everything not just cooking and as she always says we must eat and try something from banancooking.
Today I have some pineapples left and some strawberries and since Noudy wants a pink thing ( a must ) so I we did this easy recipe but altered a bit in ingredients cause it’s too sweet.
Ingredients and method:
* 2 eggs.
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar.
* 2 cups flour.
* 1/4 cup milk.
* 1/2 cup crushed pineapples.
* !/4 cup pineapple or orange juice.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* Butter cream icing:
* 1 cup butter.
* 1 cup icing sugar.
* 1/2 tsp vanilla.
* a bit of cream or milk.
* Mix all cupcake ingredients alternatively till smooth ,batter will be a bit thick not runny don’t worry.
* bake in cupcakes or one pan in a medium heated oven for 20-30 minutes.
* whip all icing ingredients for 6-7 minutes till creamy then cool till you need it.
* decorate cupcakes with any fruit you like or coconuts.
My cousin sent this YouTube video on our family group a while ago,wanted to do it since then,a great substitute to ready cream cheese in a cup like Puck or Kiri, at least it’s fresh and doesn’t contain any additives or chemicals. It’s even good for sweets cause you can adapt it’s salty taste as you prefer or add a bit of fresh cream to increase the richness. Loved it
We’re saying farewell to my sweet lovely niece going back after Summer vacation, it was really fun and amusing having her around all this time, cause she’s such a funny adorable girl.
I invited her to come over this afternoon and made her some pink decorated cupcakes cause she just loves everything pinky.
As for lunch well it was a healthy fulfilling meal, I bought fresh lean steaks and grilled them with herbs and spices, roasted some veggies and chilli potatoes with coriander. Really really yummy .
My sweet niece is my guest for lunch today, we do have great time together. A truly lovely sweetheart.
Planned to do burgers and potato croquettes as a change for usual fries, actually prepared all ingredients and cooked potatoes, but the mix was so soft and I couldn’t make them at all though I added flour . My niece insisted to help but seems kind of potato is not suitable or they must dry very well before shaping.
Anyway a solution isn’t hard at all, took out some cooked minced meat from freezer and made them kibbeh 😉
Ingredients send method:
*2-4 large potatoes.
* cooked minced meat.
* salt, pepper and bit of nutmeg.
* boil potatoes in water till tender.
* mash them and add seasoning .
* add butter and cheese if you like.
* butter bottom of oven pan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
* spread half of potato mix.
* spread the meat.
*note: you can add some vegetables like corn, peas, mushroom .if you like of course.
* spread the other half of potatoes.
* sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and some butter slices.
* bake for 20-30 minutes then toast surface.
* serve with ketchup or salad.