My mother in -law invited some of her friends for an early dinner today, main dish will be Eggplant Maqloubeh as requested and I made roasted chicken which will be posted tomorrow.
My part is to make a kind of dessert , was a bit in a dilemma of what to do then the idea just came right to me when my best friend asked me to do a rice or milk pudding for her dear father’s birthday today so I made a big quantity for her and us.
After searching for a new different recipe I decided to do this one from Nestle website,really good and almonds gave it a lovely crunchy taste.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
* 1 liter water.
* 2 big spoons rice flour.( رز مطحون)
* 2 big spoons corn flour.
* 3/4 cup finely crushed almonds.
* 1 tsp cardamon.
* 1 tablespoon rose water.
* 1 tsp crushed gum mastic ( mistika مستكه)
* 4 tablespoons powdered milk.
* some crushed pistachios and cherries for decoration.
* Mix all ingredients except rose water and gum very well with a hand mixer till all are combined.
* Over a high heat keep mixing till it’s bubbly and thick.
* add gum and rose water.
* pour in serving dish or small cups.
* when cooled decorate with pistachios.
* cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
NOTE: if mixture wasn’t thick enough when boiled you can dissolve another tablespoon of corn flour and add it to ensure good consistency.