So I decided to make carrot soup instead.Came across this recipe while looking for a new or different version from the one I usually make, really yummy and full of flavors.
Must say that garnish must be yogurt and fresh coriander but I used oregano instead cause I don’t have it.
Ingredients and method :
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 1 small finely chopped onion.
* 2 cloves garlic.
* 2 cups chopped carrots (4-5 big ones)
* 1 tsp fresh grated ginger.
* 1 tsp all spice.
*1 tsp cumin.
* 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth.
*salt and pepper.
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
* 1 tsp honey.
* 1/2 cup yogurt.
* fresh chopped coriander.
* saute onions, garlic in hot butter till tender.
* add carrots, ginger and all spice.
* add stock and leave to simmer till carrots are tender.
* spin all together with hand mixer or blender till you get a smooth creamy texture.
* add lemon juice and honey.
* season with salt and pepper as preferred.
* leave to simmer for another 20 minutes.
* garnish with yoghurt and coriander upon serving.
Really good believe me!