Well it’s Winter all over again with low temperatures and heavy rain as if we’re in mid January. A soup will be perfect specially a chili hot one.
Saw this recipe on TV last week Jamie Oliver’s 15 minutes meal,I just love this chef, he cooks with a style and makes everything looks easy and yummy like this soup.
Ingredients and method:
For the soup:
* 1 green onion chopped.
* some chopped chives (optional)
* 1 red chili pepper.
* some preserved roasted red peppers ( didn’t have today )
* some chopped fresh coriander.
* 1 can diced tomatoes.
* 3 cups water.
* Saute onions,peppers,chives and coriander with some olive oil.
* add tomatoes and water then season with salt and pepper.
* leave to simmer till done then blend with hand mixer.
* Toppings and additives:
* Roasted tortillas with melted cheddar cheese.
* chili peppers,coriander, feta cheese and black olives.
* yogurt mixed with fresh mint leaves ( original one contained crushed jalapenos also)
Upon serving put tortillas in bottom of bowl,add whatever you like from toppings, add soup then drizzle yogurt mint sauce on top.
A real genuine dish ,we loved it !