Today’s order was for dinner, kibbeh in a pan mini ones,good thing is I made one for lunch.
pan and mini kibbeh.
Dessert was Apple Strudel, same recipe I did last year, always a success, did one for us as well.A small addition was some custard sauce with it but not the one with egg yolks and cream cause I didn’t have time so I just make simple custard with cream but a bit loose with vanilla and a bit of cinnamon.
apple strudel with custard sauce.
Ingredients and method of Apple Strudel again:
For the dough:
* 2 cups flour.
* 1 egg.
* 2 big spoons butter.
*pinch of salt.
*100 ml (almost 3/4 cup) lukewarm water.
* 1 kilo peeled and thinly sliced apples.
* 3/4 cup sugar.
* zest of a lemon.
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
* 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts or almonds.
* 3/4 cup raisins soaked in some water.
* 2 tsp cinnamon.
* 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
* extra butter to brush top of strudel.
* icing sugar for decorating.
* make the dough by mixing flour,salt and egg in the middle mix well then add butter and rub all together.
* start adding water till you get a round hard dough that you can handle.
* leave to rest for 30 minutes.
* spread some flour on a kitchen cloth and spread the dough to a big rectangle.
* make the filling by mixing all everything together.
* spread the breadcrumbs over dough then add the filling in the center.
* with the help of the cloth fold the sides together and ends also very well.
* transfer slowly to a big oven pan .
* brush with butter then make some lengthwise cuts with a sharp knife.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 50-60 minutes.
* dust with icing sugar upon serving.
Order included some baked Zaynab fingers and two suborek pans, one with cheese and the other with spinach and feta cheese.
our lunch !