After searching many food apps and sites for a dish containing mined meat, something new and easy . Thank God for Pinterest by the way,a big source for ideas and new ideas.
Decided to do this recipe at the end Swedish meatballs or as many say IKEA dish, actually it is very tasty, heart warming and satisfying dish, sorry IKEA but homemade ones are much tastier than yours.
This morning I went out with my friends to very nice place called “Funjan” to celebrate our beloved Reem’s birthday,I made a beautiful Red Velvet cake and food as yummy yummy.
nice place ,recommended !
Red Velvet cake.
nice breakfast selection.
Ingredients and method:
For meat balls:
* 1/2 kg minced beef.
* 1 egg.
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
* salt,pepper,nutmeg,all spice.
* grated small onion.
* 1 big tablespoon butter.
For the sauce:
* 1/3 cup flour.
* 4 cups chicken broth or 1 cube Maggi cubes dissolved in 4 cups water.
* 1/2 cup heavy cream.
* salt,pepper,all spice to taste.
* some chopped parsley for garnish.
* Mix beef with all ingredients and form it into balls.
* heat butter and saute balls till done and golden.
* remove balls and add flour to remaining butter and mix well.
* gradually add broth and whisk quickly to get a smooth silky sauce.
* leave to simmer and thicken for 10 minutes.
* add the cream and seasoning then return balls in sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes, a special kind of jam is usually served with it but I didn’t have time to look for it,guess it’s available in IKEA called lingonberry jam.
final outcome .