Cold crispy day, in days like these one keeps craving something sweet specially with syrup in them like Arabic sweets.
My cousin posted this recipe the other day , seemed tasty and easy and it really is when I made it today.It’s now officially Amneh’s Cake,thank you loads my dear.
Lunch today was lentil soup and chicken liver,good in this weather as well.
Ingredients and method:
* 4 cups flour.
* 3 cup semolina.
* 2 big spoons anise seeds soaked in 2 cups warm water.
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable oi.
* 2 big spoons anise powder.
* 2 big spoons sesame seeds.
* 1 1/2 big spoons instant yeast.
* 1/2 cup sugar ( my own addition so it’s optional)
* Sugar syrup to soak cake when done.
* Mix all ingredients together and knead well till you get a soft loose dough.
* cover and leave to rise in a warm place.
* spread evenly in oven pan and decorate with walnuts or almonds.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes or till golden from edges.
* toast surface a bit.
* pour cold syrup on it while hot.
NOTE: could be done for Christmas dinner,really well flavored and aromatic.
lentil soup and chicken liver.