I actually decided what to cook only late this afternoon,had no clue at all and nobody as usual gave me any option.
Well only my freezer and pantry are the ones that can decide and final dish was pesto pasta and chicken Picatta with a buttery lemony sauce. Easy quick meal with a small Caprese Salad on the side.
Ingredients and method of chicken and sauce :
* Small pieces of chicken breasts.
* salt,pepper, Italian herbs if available.
* some flour.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 1 small finely chopped onion.
* 2 finely chopped garlic cloves.
* 2 tablespoons capers.
* juice of one lemon.
* season chicken pieces with salt, pepper and herbs.
* coat with flour then freeze for 30 minutes.
* meanwhile sauté onions and garlic in hot butter then add capers and lemon juice.
* fry or bake chicken as you prefer, you can grill them as well.
* serve with pasta or veggies.
This recipe always pops in front of me either on TV or online and I’ve been eager to make it cause of many reasons, first of all is that Jamie Oliver is one of my favorite chefs, love his way of cooking,you can feel how much he loves his work,very energetic and creative, second reason is I always felt this recipe is different and must be delicious cause of rich aromatic ingredients.
Ingredients and method :
* one whole chicken.
* 1 stick cinnamon.
* handful of fresh sage ( I used rosemary and oregano instead)
* zest of two lemons.
* 10 cloves garlic, skin on.
* sea salt, fresh ground pepper.
* one liter milk.
* Preheat oven to medium.
* in a deep pan that’ll fit the whole chicken heat some olive oil then season it well and fry it from all sides till golden.
* remove chicken and throw away oil left in pan.
Lemon zest will split the milk making a delicious sauce with curd.
Serve with potatoes or rice,today I made Iranian rice.
Another batch of chocolate crinkles today for a friend of mine, crossed my mind last night to try other kinds, a chance to let people try them and give me feedback for future plans.
Found many recipes in various sites but this one plus the molasses ginger ones caught my attention, lime coconut crinkles are so lemony and full of flavor much better than lemon ones I did before, those were good but guess needed more flour , a stupid mistake then !
Ingredients and method of lime coconut crinkles:
Made this refreshing juice this afternoon, a recipe I saw in one of Jamie Oliver’s tv shows, very cooling in this hot weather.
You simply mix together son=me grated fresh ginger,lemon juice and slices,mints and brown sugar then add some hot water to dissolve sugar then before serving add cold sparkling water.
Very nice one try it.
Did this moist fresh cake this morning for my mother in-law’s friend .
here’s the recipe:
# 3 eggs.
# 11/2 cups suger.
# 1/3 cup margarine or butter.
# 2/3 cup vegetable oil.
# zest and juice of one big lemon.
# 1 tsp lemon essence (optional)
# 1/2 cup yogurt.
# 1/2 cup milk.
# 1 tsp vanilla.
#3 tsp baking powder.
# 3 cups flour.
# 3/4 cup butter.
# 2 cups icing sugar.
# some lemon zest.
# juice of half a lemon.
# some milk.
Frosting this time was different
Another Granita trial today, lemon flavor and I think this is the best one till now.
# 1 cup sugar.
# 3 cups water.
# juice of two lemons.
# 1 tablespoon lemon zest.
# bunch of fresh mint.
#boil sugar and water till all dissolved.
# add lemon zest and mint,leave to simmer for 3 minutes.
# cool a bit then add lemon juice.
# remove mint leaves.
# pour in a metal pan and freeze.
# after one hour start scratching iced parts and continue doing that every 20 minutes till you get a slushy mixture.
3/4 كوب سكر.
3 كوب ماء.
ملعقه كبيره برش ليمون
بعض اوراق نعنع
يغلى الماء والسكر مع بعض على النار ثم يضاف برش الليمون والنعنع ويترك على نار هادئة لمده ثلاثة دقائق.
نزيل اوراق النعناع ثم يضاف عصير الليمون ويحرك.
يصب في صينيه معدنية ويوضع في الفريزر.
بعد ساعه نبدا بتحريك المزيج بواسطه شوكه ونستمر بعمل نفس العمليه كل 20 دقيقه حتى نحصل على مزيج مثلج او سلاش جامد.ويقدم.
Amazing day out with my mother in-law’s cousins to a farm near Amman,beautiful place and fortunately warm weather.
Lady organizing the trip brought lunch food and each one of us brought dessert or coffee or tea. We had great time indeed.
I made this new cake recipe,easy and refreshing.
Lime or lemon poke cake :
* 1 pack French Vanilla cake mix.
* 2 packs lime jello.
* 1 cup boiled water.
* 1/2 cup cold water.
* 1 pack fresh cream.
* 1 pack heavy cream.
* juice of half a lemon.
* 1/2 cup caster sugar.
* Mix cake and bake as directed then leave to cool.
* mix jello with hot water till dissolved then add cold water.
* poke the cake wit a wooden spoon then pour the jello all over.
* put in fridge overnight or 4-5 hours.
* beat creams and sugar till stiff then add the lemon juice.
* spread cream over cake and decorate with fruits or coconut.