Lunch today was a not a favorite to all family members so in order to compensate I did mushroom soup and made some Brioche with it, first time I do it, unfortunately result wasn’t that good either it needed more salt or it didn’t rise as it should. Recipe was easy though I felt it’s not going to be as supposed to when I finished kneading it,if anybody has a better one please recommend.
Ingredients and method :
* 2 1/2 cups flour.
* 2 tablespoons sugar.
* 1/4 tsp salt.
* 2 1/4 tsp yeast.
* 4 tablespoons warm milk.
* 3 eggs plus extra one for glaze.
* 1 cup cubed butter.
* mix flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
* add milk and beaten eggs.
* knead well then start adding butter cubes gradually till all quantity is folded in.
* leave to rise in a warm place, then form into balls in molds or cupcake pan.
* leave to rise again then bake in a medium heated oven till golden.
* brush surface with eggplants wash and roast till golden.
* serve with soup or butter and jam.
brioche with mushroom soup.
Lunch was lamb chops with onions and potatoes all seasoned with a new citrus organic spice, really aromatic and tasty.I also made mushroom soup as I mentioned,some Persian rice and a big bowl of mixed salad with avocado slices.
In addition to routine shopping I went to the butcher this morning, though I’m not a meat expert but I managed to get what I want with the help of the friendly butcher in Miles store.
My youngest son who’s a big meat lover asked for lamb chops,even searched for a new kind of marinate or seasoning and came out with this one to try, really delicious mind that meat is very tender and fresh also.
I made some potatoes mixed with herbs and spices, some Greek quesadilas cause I have some tortillas from last week that must be used before they ruin and a big bowl of salad.
Excellent meal to end the weekend
Marinate for lamb chops :
* 1/4 cup honey.
* 1/4 cup soy sauce.
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce.
* 1/4 cup mustard.
* some Italian seasoning,chili,oregano.
* some bay leaves.
* olive oil.
* lemon juice for serving.
* mix all and marinate chops in a bag for 1-2 hours then roast uncovered in a medium heated oven till done.