Two events today,a small gathering for my lovely Auntie and her daughter coming from Irbid and a bigger gathering for my cousins this afternoon. Don’t ask me how I managed but I did don’t know how! time management is the key word,that’s for sure.
I made a Teramisu but a bit different from the real Italian one,no mascarpone cheese cause it’s not always easy to find it , but this recipe that I have from my dear friend Rula is very good, I even found out I don’t have sweetened condensed milk for it but I added cream and some sugar so taste was almost the same.
I also made labaneh with mint and oregano layered in toast bread and decorated with tomatoes,cucumbers and olives,you can decorate it anyway you like.
Ah I forgot to mention,I made spinach tabouleh and cheese rolls as well
Ingredients and method for teramisu:
* 2 packs whipping cream.
*2 packs kiri or cream cheese.
* 1 can condensed milk (or cream and 1/4 cup sugar)
* lady fingers biscuits.
* Nescafe ( 1 big spoon dissolved in 3/4 cup warm water)
* mix cream,condensed milk and cheese together very well.
* arrange biscuits in a deep serving dish then soak them in coffee mixture. * add half of cream mixture then repeat process. * refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
* sprinkle cocoa powder on top. All set and ready now,waiting!!
this is the morning gathering.