Today I had absolutely no idea what to cook at all,nobody gave me a clue what they want, I took out some lamb cubes to defrost and went out for an errand,then on my way back home I remembered this dish.
Since a I have new fresh saffron from Turkey,thought I’ll do this old recipe I have.As I recall this dish is from the Moroccan cuisine,I saw it in TV long time ago during Ramadan cooking programs,they called it “Qumama” or “عسليه” if I’m not wrong. I did search for it today but didn’t find a recipe with this name ,if anybody has an experience in Morroccan food or knowledge or heard about it please inform me.
It’s a very easy basic recipe with little ingredients but saffron and honey are a must.
Ingredients and method:
* lamb cubes.
* 2 large chopped onions.
* 2 chopped garlic cloves.
* 1 tsp saffron.
* 1 tablespoon honey.
* salt,pepper,all spice,cinnamon stick,cardamon seeds,bay leaves,and some cloves.
* In the pressure cooker or regular pan,saute meat till brownish then add onions and garlic.
* add all spices including saffron which must be soaked in some water before usage.
* add the honey then enough water to cover.
* cook for 20-30 minutes then transfer to a deep oven pan.
* put it in the oven on low heat till water is lessened and sauce is thick.
* keep stirring it while in the oven so that all meat pieces are well roasted from all sides.
* serve with rice or bread.
Though my family were surprised cause I usually make this dish only in Ramadan,but it was really good,enjoy