Though thousands of miles away this year but still,a usual custom I made my baby sister a birthday cake,actually not a baby now for sure, but guess she’ll always be my baby sis no matter how old. Wish you happiness, health and joy in your new life my dear.
As for the cake, to be honest I baked one yesterday, new recipe for a strawberry cake but it was a failure, I was planning to take it to my Mom’s cause her cousins are coming and we’ll celebrate long distance.
Anyway as I said cake wasn’t good at all even the custard vanilla frosting tasted like starch . I always make the same mistake, try new recipe when guests are coming, big big mistake.
I ended up doing Nescafe Croquant cake again this morning, to be on the safe side. I also made a kind of fruit custard pie called Hawaiian Blessing, similar to the one I made on Valentine’s .
Made also spinach tabouleh and french pizza.
ingredients and method:
* plain biscuits.
* 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
* 1 cup milk.
* 3 big spoons starch.
* 1 tablespoon butter.
* 1 pack cream.
* 1 can pineapple.
* strawberries and kiwi.
* mix condensed milk, milk, half juice of pineapple, butter and starch very well then heat till boiled and thick, keep mixing while on stove so it won’t clot.
* remove from heat then fold in cream.
* layer biscuits in spring pan and sprinkle with pineapple juice.
* add half of mixture then add sliced strawberries.pineapples and coconut.
* add another layer of biscuits and repeat
* cool in fridge for several hours.
* toast some coconuts to decorate top and slice kiwi to sides.
You can use any kind of fruit you have, excellent dessert for hot summer days.:)