What did you cook in this weather? all my group members started posting dishes since morning,all locked up in snow and cooking !!
My kitchen was busy doing lots of stuff,a brunch rather than a breakfast cause we ate late, I made a typical English breakfast sunny side ups,scrambled eggs,hot dogs and beans ,a favorite dish for my husband and boys but not me so I baked some ka3ek like last time but today’s batch was much better and more fluffy , ate them with cheese my kind of meal !
Last night I made this new recipe I found,wanted a change from usual hariseh or semolina cake so after searching decided to do this ,turned out nice but as my hubby said it’s not hariseh something totally different guess because it has almonds in it and eggs are separated so it’s a more a cake.
Ingredients and method:
* 4 eggs separated.
*1 cup sugar ( i think 1/2 or 3/4 are enough)
* 3/4 cup melted butter.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* 1 tsp lemon zest.
*1 1/2 cups semolina.
* 1 cup ground almonds.
*pinch of salt.
* sugar syrup ( 3 cups sugar,1 1/2 water and 1 tsp lemon juice)
* Separate egg yolks from whites.
* beat butter,sugar,lemon zest and vanilla till creamy.
* add eggs and beat well then add baking powder, semolina and almonds.
* beat egg whites till frothy and stiff.
* fold in whites into mixture slowly with a wooden spoon.
* grease a medium sized pan and pour mixture in.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes toll golden.
*Note: you can decorate it with almonds or coconut on top as you wish.
* when done add the cold syrup on top.