No cooking today cause we still have lots of leftovers,however we’re visiting my cousin this afternoon so I figured a box of cookies would be a nice gift.
First batch was ginger chocolate ones, remember the peanut butter ones with Quality Street chocolates in them? well did the same recipe but added fresh and ground ginger,cinnamon,nutmeg,cloves and a bit of molasses instead of the peanut butter. Tastes really good.
Second batch was almond walnut biscottis,these are traditional Italian biscuits usually done with different kinds of flavors and nuts.
Ingredients and method:
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 3/4 cup sugar.
* 4 eggs.
* 2 1/2 cups flour.
* 1 cup nuts,roasted then finely crushed.
* 1 tsp baking powder.
* I added a bit of cinnamon,cardamon and all spice.
* Mix all ingredients consequently till you get a sticky dough.
* Refrigerate for 1 hour.
* cut dough to two halves then form them into logs.
* bake for 45 minutes or till done in the middle.( I was in a hurry so took it out earlier, a small mistake I think)
* when cooled cut to thin slices and toast in the oven till crispy ( 20-30 minutes)