Had visitors last night with no time to do lots of stuff,so I made this easy salad and some cookies and arranged some fruits,with coffee,tea and nuts turned out a pleasant evening.
Salad contains red beans,sweet corn,chopped colored sweet peppers with orange slices on top,dressing was salt,oregano,lemon,vinegar and olive oil.
As for the cookies, these are ingredients and method:
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1/4 cup sugar.
* 1 large egg separated.
* 1 cup flour.
* pinch of salt.
* 3/4 roasted finely crushed nuts.
* beat egg yolk,butter,sugar and salt till creamy.
* add flour and knead till you form a ball.
* form small balls then press them with your thumb a bit in the middle.
* beat the egg white and coat cookies with them.
* roast and crush finely the nuts then coat cookies with them as well.
* bake in a moderate heated oven for 13-15 minutes.
* when cooled add a little bit of jam in the thumbprint.