Thank God after two long stressful frustrating days dealing with a complicated problem at my son’s school problem was solved and done with, situations like this are really mind opening and gives oneself a hard but very useful lesson.
Well today normal daily routine is back, lunch was burgers with avocado dip on top and a big plate of French fries best comfort food ever.
What a week..too much invitations and food of various kinds,all yummy!!!!
Tonight all family ladies are invited to dinner,, must cook for boys and hubby though. I made an old meatloaf recipe. Easy, juicy and kids love it, what more could one wish for??
Ingredients and method:
* 1 kg minced veal.
* 1 egg.
* 1 spoon ketchup.
* 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
* 1 spring onion.
* 1 bunch parsley or spinach.
* 1 tsp soy sauce.
* salt, pepper, oregano, all spice.
* 3-4 slices cheddar cheese.
* extra ketchup for surface.
* chop onion and parsley saute in a bit of oil.
* add to meat with rest of ingredients and knead well till mixed.
* spread on wax paper into a rectangle.
* add cheese slices and fold.
* spread olive oil and ketchup on surface.
* bake in medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes.
* serve with fries or wedges.