I’m sure you’re all surprised by today’s weather,it’s unusual to have such rain this time of year in Jordan, but I guess weather this year is really weird from the beginning.
Since we’re back to rainy cold weather all over again, so I made potato soup with eggplant fatteh ( فته مقدوس), this dish reminds of Ramadan which is practically coming soon,less than two months
Ingredients and method:
* 1-2 big potatoes,cubed.
* 1 spring onion.
* 1 maggi cube.
* 1 pack cream.
* salt ,pepper.
* 4-5 cups water.
* saute chopped onions till tender then add potatoes and stir well.
* add salt,pepper,maggi and water.
* leave to boil then simmer till potatoes are done.
* mix with hand mixer or blender then add cream and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Eggplant Fatteh ( فته مقدوس)
* 3-4 cubed fried eggplants.
* finely chopped onion.
* roasted or fried squared pitta bread.
* tahini sauce ( tahini,lemon,salt,yoghurt,garlic)
* tomato paste.
* chopped parsley.
* cooked spiced minced meat.
* toasted almonds and pine nuts.
* salt,pepper,all spice and cinnamon for seasoning.
* saute onions till tender then add fried eggplants.
* add all seasoning,tomato paste and enough water to cover all then leave to simmer till sauce is thick and eggplants tender.
* layer pitta bread in Pyrex or serving dish,add eggplant with sauce on top.
* add tahini sauce then garnish with parsley,meat and nuts.
Note: this dish must be assembled right before you serve so as pittas stay crisp otherwise they’ll be soggy .
I made some salad and kids made egg omelette with the remaining meat,nice hot lunch in this kind of cold day.
Enjoy your weekend