Have a gathering this evening for my sister in-law’s family so I prepared several things one of them is teramisu since I have some mascarpon cheese fresh from Italy that I’d rather use before it’s spoiled.
Cause I don’t prefer using raw eggs though the original recipe requires it, I substituted it with a pack of cream caramel powder, gave it the same color and texture and result was super.
You can find many recipes for it,here’s one option that is very tasty
* 2 packs whipping cream.
*2 packs kiri or cream cheese.
* 1 can condensed milk (or cream and 1/4 cup sugar)
* lady fingers biscuits.
* Nescafe ( 1 big spoon dissolved in 3/4 cup warm water)
* mix cream,condensed milk and cheese together very well.
* arrange biscuits in a deep serving dish then soak them in coffee mixture. * add half of cream mixture then repeat process. * refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
* sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
Or the one I made today:
* 200 gm Mascarpon cheese.
* 6 pieces Kiri.
* 1 sachet whipping cream ( Dream Whip).
* 1 pack of cream caramel powder.
* 1 1/2 pack lady fingers biscuits.
* strong espresso or Nescafe.
* beat cheeses and cream very well till smooth then layer biscuits topped with coffee then cream in a pyrex or any mold you like.
* cool in fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
perfect this time.
cream,coffee and biscuits.
I also did Muhalabieh with caramel and sliced some fruits.
Appetizers will be spinach tabouleh, falafel rolls and Suborek ( turkish cheese pastries)