Was searching for something new and different to make for Eid then came across these elegant cookies, first trial was yesterday but thought I’d change some things cause they were too oily and sweet ,so a moderated one came up today and it was great,crisp and light.
I also did my usual cardamom cookies,love those cause they’re so easy to make.
Ingredients and method of Earl Grey cookies:
- 3/4 cup butter.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- 2 tsp fine earl Gray tea ( I used content of 3 bags)
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 2 cups flour.
Beat sugar and butter well till light in color and creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla and continue baking.
Add flour,tea leaves and baking powder , dough will be soft a bit and sticky it’s ok.
Cool in fridge for 1 hour then roll to a big rectangle and cut to any shape you like using the cookie cutters.
NOTE: for easier handling roll dough between wax paper so as to avoid sticking.
NOTE: if dough became too soft put it again in fridge , or cut it in batches not all at one.
Heat your oven very well then reduce it to medium and bake cookies for 8-10 minutes at the most.
Leave to cool then store in a well closed jar.
Ingredients and method:
*2 cups flour.
* 1/2 tsp baking powder.
* 4 teaspoons cardamom powder.
* 1/4 tsp salt.
* 1/2 cup grounded almonds.
* 1/2 cup sugar.
* 3/4 cup melted butter.
For the coating:
* 1 cup confectionary sugar (سكر ناعم ).
* 2 teaspoons powdered cardamom.
* mix flour, cardamom powder, sugar, grounded almonds and salt together.
* add butter and mix with your hands till you have a from dough. You can add a bit of cold water for easy handing.
* form dough into small balls.
* coat with powdered sugar-cardamom mixture.
* press balls with a small cup to flatten a bit.
* decorate with almonds.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 10-13 minutes.
* store in a well closed jar.
Perfect with black coffee, please try them, they’re really good ♡♥.