no cooking today cause we went shopping at City Mall and had lunch there,in the way back I bought ingredients of Om Ali dessert cause my husband been craving it since two weeks and I hadn’t got the time to do it at all,it’ll be a nice treat after his hunting trip when he comes home.
This dessert is of Egyptian origin,as they say the mother of Egyptian desserts, it’s said that it’s named after the sultan’s wife Om Ali who distributed this sweet after the death of the Sultan’s second wife. It’s basically done from puff pastry with nuts and cream.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 pack puff pastry.
* 3 cups pf milk.
* 2 packs cream or fresh double cream.
* 1 cup sugar.
* some walnuts,almonds,pistachio,raisins and coconut.
* toast the nuts in the oven for 10 minutes then crush them.
* bake the puff pastry till golden.
* heat the milk,cream and sugar till they boil.
* shred the pastry in a deep oven pan then add nuts,coconut and raisins .
* add half the amount of milk then add another layer of pastry and nuts.
* add remaining milk and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
* bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes .
This dish is served hot,you can make it in a pottery pan so as to stay warm for a long time.