Good morning lovely people.
Beautiful weather and a yummy simple breakfast is a great way to start the weekend.
An idea clicked my mind last night why not make a small market at my house as a trial, this came up after visiting a local farmer’s market yesterday. Well I do make or already have many products so why not sell them the same way but through social media instead of going to a market.
Saw a nice video doing this eggs and hot-dogs in a cute way,though taste is as usual but it’s an appetizing meal.
You simply cut one edge of the hot-dog but not all the way then attach them with toothpicks. Fry in some oil then add eggs in the middle.
Lovely dish I bet kids will love it.
Sunny warm Friday, we even had our morning coffee outside.
ingredients and method of shakshuka:
* 1 large thinly sliced onion.
* 4 cloves of garlic ( used my new mortar to crush them)
* 1 can or 5 big diced tomatoes.
* some fresh sausages (optional).
* chili powder,salt and pepper.
* some chopped parsley (optional)
* 4-5 eggs.
* olive oil.
* saute onions and garlic in hot olive oil till tender.
* chop sausages and add them.
* add the tomatoes,salt,pepper and chili then leave to simmer till done.
* crack the eggs on top and cover .
* leave over low heat till eggs are done the way you like them.
Zalabya was awesome as well,though takes time while frying but worth it.
ingredients and method of zalabya or fried arabic crepes:
*5 cups flour ( I mixed 3 white and 2 whole wheat)
* 1 tablespoon aniseed powder.
* 1 tablespoon fennel powder.
* 2-3 tablespoons sesame seeds.
* 2-3 tablespoons black seeds.
* 1 tablespoon instant yeast dissolved with some sugar and lukewarm water.
* 1/2 cup sugar.
* enough water to knead the dough.
* Mix all ingredients and knead well till you get a kind of soft dough.
* leave to rest and rise then form equal small balls and leave to rest for 30-40 minutes.
* heat oil very well then spread each ball to a thin round flat bread .
* remove carefully and fry till golden.
* sprinkle with icing sugar or honey before serving.
Kids wanted me to do this recipe since a while,a high protein comfort food,boiled eggs wrapped with meat then fried.
Original recipe is done with sausage meat mixed with grated onions, garlic, breadcrumbs and parsley but today I made it with kofta, same basic principle.
Boil eggs, peel then wrap it well with the meat then dust with flour, in egg wash then finally in breadcrumbs. Cool in fridge to hold up then fry in oil.
Kids loved it, men kind of meal.
Lovely day though a bit cold and cloudy but this didn’t stop us from having a nice cozy breakfast outdoors.
No hunting today due to weather conditions so as a small lovely gesture since all are home we
Of course tea with mint is a must, enjoy your weekend lovely people.
I’m talking the day off since it was a very tiresome weekend plus beginning of the week.
Went to a gathering at a friend’s house, met new lovely ladies, enjoyed delicious food and desserts. A real nice change from household work.
Well back to reality afterwards cause nevertheless kids and dad were hungry so I made a quick omelette, rich and fulfilling with green onions, mushrooms and cheese in the middle.
I also had some ready made hummus that completed the issue.
Did a massive fridge and freezer cleaning today and took out many things stored since a long time so as to do something useful or throw them away.
Result was a mix dried fruits,nuts, crushed biscuits,blueberries, oats all bound together with honey and molasses with a bit of cinnamon, cardamom and ginger. They’ll make a super snack during Ramadan specially at suhour time cause they’re full of nutrients and fiber which will help during fasting next day.
Another outcome was a plate of chickpeas with tahini sauce ( مسبحه) decorated with parsley and nuts.
Lunch was Shakshouka, no cooking till beginning of Ramadan, that’s my decision so far.
Was planning to cook green beans today but all plans changed cause I went grocery shopping at this new supermarket and bought some fresh ka3ek and baked eggs and some cold cuts and cheeses so I decided to fix a quick brunch,good desicion cause boys slept late anyway so it was kind of a breakfast lunch meal.
Centro is a new centrally located supermarket in the middle of Madina Munawara strt. Very clean and tidy,various kinds of goodies specially some Italian brands of pastas olive oil and delicacies,fresh fruit and vegetables, freshly baked breads, excellent butcher…etc.
Very highly recommended, prices are good also, they do have lots of offers.