As I mentioned yesterday we had a dinner gathering and I made a chicken and potato dish, which was incredibly juicy and well flavored cause of the awesome marinade I used.
Ingredients and method ( for 8 small pieces of chicken)
* zest and juice of one lemon and one orange.
* 1 tablespoon fresh or dry rosemary.
* 1 tablespoon oregano.
* 1 leaf fresh or dry sage (ميرميه)
* salt,pepper and olive oil.
*Marinate chicken in all these for a whole night or 3-4 hours minimum.
* in a deep oven pan,add some onion slices,bay leaves,cinnamon stick and few cardamons then add chicken with marinade close tightly with foil and leave in a medium heated oven for 1 1/2 -2 hours.
* when done roast chicken till golden then remove each piece to a deep serving dish.
* sieve remaining juices to get a clear fluid then add 1 tablespoon flour or starch diluted in cold water.
* leave to simmer till it thickens.
* You can bake some veggies or only potato cubes in another pan alongside also seasoned with rosemary,oregano,salt,pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
* arrange potatoes around chicken pieces and drizzle sauce all over them before serving.
Really easy tasty dish,went well with the eggplant maqloubeh last night.
roasted chicken and potato.