After a chit chat with my cousin living in Rome last night discussing how fresh homemade pasta is much more tastier than commercial ones and since I do have a pasta making instrument stashed away in my kitchen cabinet,I decided to start rolling it while we’re already stuck indoors in the cold weather.
Basic egg pasta recipes are all similar ,only 2 ingredients but secret to a successful dough is to let it rest and flour surfaces and roller so as pasta won’t stick to each other.
Ingredients and method:
* 2 cups flour.
* 1/2 tsp salt.
* 3 eggs.
* on a clean surface or in a bowl mix flour and salt then make a well in the middle and crack eggs in it.
* start whisking eggs into flour with a fork gradually.
* continue working with your hands or in a food processor till you get a firm dough.
* cover with cling film and leave to rest for 30-50 minutes.
* divide to 4 pieces then roll in the thickest number in roller.
* keep dusting with flour so as layers won’t stick.
* roll again to a thinner layer and so on till you have very thin ones.
* last thing roll in pasta shape and dust them with flour when done ( an extra helping hand during this process is not a bad idea:) )
* cook in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes only.
* remove and cook the way you want,today I made it with mined meat,mushrooms,onions with herbs and tomato paste .
* sprinkle with cheese when served.
Hope you try it if you have this magical machine ,really worth it, totally different taste !