In honor of the newly weds and beginning of Summer activities in our garden we’re hosting the first BBQ of the season .
Actually my hubby is the one responsible of the BBQ, my part is making salads and side dishes,some of them that are basic each time like grilled tomatoes and hot peppers with garlic and yogurt with oregano and mints .
Today I’ll make few extra things Crab Salad and mixed vegetables with yogurt salad.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 pack frozen crab.
* mixed green leaves ( lettuce,parsley,mint,rocca)
* cherry tomatoes and mushrooms.
* mayonnaise ,lemon juice,balsamic vinegar,salt and pepper for dressing.
* mix chopped greens with tomatoes,add mushrooms and shredded crab on top.
* mix dressing components well then drizzle over salad.
Mixed Veggies Salad:
* Mixed vegetables boiled till tender: potatoes,beans,peas,carrots,corn,red beans.
* bunch of fresh dill.
* 2-3 cups of plain yogurt and 1 small creamed yogurt.
* salt and pepper.
* mix all veggies with yogurts,add chopped dill,salt and pepper.
As for the lovely part of the evening, chocolate fountain was set and ready early afternoon with a selection of tasty assorted chocolates melted on a water bath and various fruits and dips.
It was a great gathering ,wish everybody enjoyed Friday as we did
I will post more pictures later of the real yummy food