Had the pleasure of hosting my lovely niece this morning,a usual ritual every time she visits is baking something sweet,well a tradition we both actually enjoy cause I guess I love to teach her something and she’s a quick eager learner to everything not just cooking and as she always says we must eat and try something from banancooking.
Today I have some pineapples left and some strawberries and since Noudy wants a pink thing ( a must ) so I we did this easy recipe but altered a bit in ingredients cause it’s too sweet.
Ingredients and method:
* 2 eggs.
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar.
* 2 cups flour.
* 1/4 cup milk.
* 1/2 cup crushed pineapples.
* !/4 cup pineapple or orange juice.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* Butter cream icing:
* 1 cup butter.
* 1 cup icing sugar.
* 1/2 tsp vanilla.
* a bit of cream or milk.
* Mix all cupcake ingredients alternatively till smooth ,batter will be a bit thick not runny don’t worry.
* bake in cupcakes or one pan in a medium heated oven for 20-30 minutes.
* whip all icing ingredients for 6-7 minutes till creamy then cool till you need it.
* decorate cupcakes with any fruit you like or coconuts.
I’m so excited today cause me and my friends are invited to a special early dinner at our lovely neighbor’s house and she’s making a traditional Carcissian dish called chips and basta, I’ll write you details about it later tonight.
As usual I told her dessert is on me, I wanted to do something new, colorful and lively so after a bit of searching did these cute kind of tarts and since I have some apples in the fruit basket is did some apple wheels or rolls.
For the filling :
* 1 pack cream cheese.
* 1/2 cup icing sugar.
* 2 tablespoons cream.( قشطه)
* mixed fruits for topping.
* beat butter and sugar till creamy then add all other ingredients till you have a thick dough.
* in a cupcake pan add a spoonful in each paper then press well with higher edges ( this quantity made 24 cups)
* bake in a medium heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
* remove and leave to cool.
* meanwhile beat cream cheese with sugar and cream then top over each cupcake.
* decorate with fruits as you look like.
As for the apple wheels, I did same dough for cinnamon rolls or Nutella tree, the added brown sugar and cinnamon to a rectangular spread-ed dough, lined up sliced apples the rolled and baked them.
Hope our host will like them,I’m sure we’ll have fun and eat delicious food.
Gloomy dark day,just hate when the sun is not out.
Lunch was courgettes in cooked yogurt (ablama كوسا مخشي) , suitable in this cold weather.
I also did these amazing amazing cupcakes maybe they’ll cheer up the mood. I have this box of chocolates,a gift from a dear friend and a pack of ready mix chocolate cake. I saw this done on the net once thought I’d try it before I end up eating the whole box of chocolate alone.
You simply mix cake as directed then fill half a cupcake with battery add the round chocolate then add another quantity and bake.
They were supposed to be more like molten chocolate but maybe kind I used is too smooth that it sank down but nevertheless it made a crunchy crust,shooo yummy with some ice cream.
We’re saying farewell to my sweet lovely niece going back after Summer vacation, it was really fun and amusing having her around all this time, cause she’s such a funny adorable girl.
I invited her to come over this afternoon and made her some pink decorated cupcakes cause she just loves everything pinky.
As for lunch well it was a healthy fulfilling meal, I bought fresh lean steaks and grilled them with herbs and spices, roasted some veggies and chilli potatoes with coriander. Really really yummy .