Tried this recipe that’s been popping in front of me whenever I open Pinterest and since my husband and son are on diet cause of stomach flu plus I have these lovely zucchinis from the farm.
A lovely zucchini carrot pie,crust is salty pie dough and filling is same as asparagus pie but I omitted the egg then you line up thin slices of veggies consequently till you get a nice shape and bake.
ingredients and method:
For the crust:
* 1 egg, beaten.
* 1 tsp salt.
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 1 1/2 cup flour.
* 2 big spoons cold water.
* 2 tablespoons labaneh or sour cream.
* 1 tsp mustard.
* 1 egg ( I added 2 tablespoons yogurt instead today)
* 1/2 cup grated cheese ( any kind that melts or Parmesan)
* salt and pepper.
* oregano to sprinkle on top.
* thinly sliced zucchinis and carrots.
* knead dough and leave to rest for 30 minutes then spread in a pie pan.
* mix filling very well then spread over pie crust.
* line the veggie slices consequently till all covered then sprinkle oregano on top.
* cover with foil then bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes or till veggies are done ( you can boil carrots a bit before lining them cause they stayed hard a bit)
* roast surface till crispy and serve when cooled a bit.
I also made pasta with yogurt garlic and mint and potato soup.
After a discussion the other day between members of my group about fish in salt crust, I did a quick research and found out that it can be done with chicken as well, so today was my first trial.
I also did a layered veggie pot containing pumpkin, eggplants and potatoes with sweet peppers and tomatoes on top and full of herbs. Only cooked on low heat then drizzled with olive oil and roasted.
Ingredients and method of chicken :
* 1 whole chicken.
* onion,garlic, oregano, cinnamon sticks, cardamom and rosemary for stuffing the chicken.
* for the dough you’ll need :
* 1 3/4 cups salt.
* 4 1/2 cups flour.
* tsp of oregano and mixed herbs.
* 1 cup water.
* mix all dough ingredients till easy to handle and stiff, you may need a bit more water.
* clean and dry chicken well then stuff inside with all stuffing mentioned ( you can change or add anything you like)
* rub butter, pepper and all spice all over chicken,or you can put butter in between flesh and skin.
* cover chicken with dough and seal completely very good.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 2 hours.
* crack open the crust and serve.
Note: crust must be discarded not eaten cause it’s too salty.