As I was watching my aunt making pistachio Eid cookies I thought why not make something similar with less effort and mess so came back home and kept searching for a recipe that have same ingredients and taste but in a different way.
Most ones I found were from the Persian cuisine, mainly containing rose water and saffron,so I decided to make a combination of many in one.
Result was a big success, soft aromatic with nutty flavor cookies, I used tweezers to make them similar to the usual ka3ek we make.
Ingredients and method :
*3/4 cup butter.
* 3/4 cup sugar.
* 1 cup crushed pistachio.
* 1/2 cup crushed almonds.
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries.
* 1 egg.
*1 tsp vanilla.
* 1/4 cup rose water.
* 1 tsp saffron (optional)
*1 tsp baking powder.
*pinch of salt.
* 2 1/2 cups flour.
*Beat butter and sugar till creamy.
* add egg and vanilla.
* add pistachios,almonds, cranberries.
* add flour, salt and baking powder.
* add saffron and rose water.
*knead well till you have a soft dough.
*refrigerate for half an hour.
*form into balls and decorate the shape you like or you can use usual cookie molds.
*bake in a medium heated oven for 10-13 minutes.
*cool then add icing sugar before serving.
Back to school and work, house always a mess after the weekend as usual, lots of cleaning and laundry
Cookie jar empty also, thought I’ll make a small batch, got some dried red cranberries yesterday, perfect with raisins, nuts and oat for a healthy cookie dough.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 egg.
* 1/2 cup brown or regular sugar.
* 1/2 cup red currents.
* 1/2 cup raisins.
* 1/2 cup crushed walnuts and almonds.
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 3/4 cup oatmeal.
* 3/4 cup flour.
* 1 tsp baking powder.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* pinch of salt.
* cinnamon and ginger powder.
* beat butter with sugar till creamy then add egg and vanilla.
* mix all dry ingredients together.
* mix batter with dry ingredients to form a firm dough.
* scoop a small spoonful and line them on an oven tray .
* bake in a medium heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
When I was done Mom and niece came by and brought me some fresh strawberries and sweet Anoud wanted a milkshake. So good with the cookies.